Why do bad things happen in the world?



Resultado de imagem para protected by God


Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
 you surround them with your favor as with a shield. 
Psalm 5:12

Whenever something bad happens to us, we may think: I must have done something wrong; or...maybe this is the consequence for that one thing I did in the past.. or we may even question: why didn´t God prevent this to happen to me?

No matter what the situation is... we must be careful not to either look at ourselves in search of faults nor look at God as someone who is punishing us or someone who could have done something to stop that and yet didn´t do anything about it. 

Last year I broke one tooth and because it was very expensive to get it fixed I waited till last month in order to see a dentist. For this past month I could only chew using the left side of my mouth because of this tooth treatment. Now, guess what? On the very day I finally got my tooth fully recovered, a few hours later I was eating A PEANUT and the OTHER TOOTH (which had also been hurting for a while -on the right side of my mouth) broke!!! Instead of being so mad, I could only think HOW GOOD God was to have kept it from breaking during the whole past month during the other tooth´s treatment (otherwise I would be unable to chew on both sides). I truly got excited to see his goodness in such a small small thing in my life! It was almost like God was holding this other tooth together, keeping it from breaking until it was OK (the other one was fixed) so that I could get it fixed too. 

" We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one." 1 John 5:19 

We live in world whose ruler is the devil and that is the reason why bad things happen all the time! We shouldn´t expect a house whole ruler is the devil to be in order. The whole earth is under a curse. But we, children of God, shouldn´t be troubled by that! We are THE HOUSE OF GOD, so we should expect things to be in order IN THIS HOUSE!

"No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent. For the Lord will command His angels in regard to you, to protect and defend and guard you in all your ways" 
Psalm 91:10-11

But EVEN IF something we may see it as "bad" happen to us, yet we should remember that 

" And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose." Romans 8:28 (AMP)

God is good! And He is deeply concerned about every detail in our lives! He surrounds us with his goodness - all the time! Next time something "bad" happens to you, don´t try to find fault in you, in others or in God. Simply thank Him, and trust His love and goodness. He takes good care of His house!


Resultado de imagem para God is good   



EVERY WEEK A NEW POST!

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Being a living magnet: attracting good things...

Learning to manage time...

Taking delight in God´s will...