Listen to the right voice...



Resultado de imagem para listen to God


"... and all these blessings shall come on you, and overtake you, 
if you hear unto the voice of the Lord your God."
Deuteronomy 28:2


We all are top communicators! The proof of this is that not for a single minute we are silent... there is a constant talk going on in our heads through our thoughts and the point is: there are always TWO VOICES speaking in our heads! 

Jesus speaks of these two voices in the parable of the good Shepherd: 

"(...) his sheep follow their shepherd because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice." (John 10:4-5)

No matter the time, day or night, there are these two voices speaking. One is the voice of the good Shepherd, that is God speaking in our hearts, showing us the way, leading us towards an amazing destiny in partnership with Him. This one voice will say the BEST things about you, it truly believes in your full potential and all He created you to be. This voice is designed to draw your attention to God´s goodness; it will never accuse or condemn you, it will lift you up, it will bring back your attention to ALL YOU ARE and ALL you were born to BE through your FAITH in Him. 

On the other hand, there is ANOTHER voice, a stranger´s voice that will cause you to LOOK AT YOURSELF, to point out to your failures and flaws, to cause you to feel shame and act based upon all these feelings that it will stir up in you. 

These two voices will ALWAYS be there. One of them will show you that you CAN DO all things  through Jesus who STRENGTHS YOU (Phil 4:13); the other one will discourage you and show you how powerless you are before such circumstances and will "encourage" you to STEP BACK as a result of FEAR.

We can recognize that this is not the Lord´s voice for 

"There is no fear in love; 
but perfect love casts out fear
1 John 4:18

The bible says that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6). It also says that FAITH comes from HEARING the Word of God (Rom 10:17). That means, if we want to have our faith increased and therefore please God (for it pleases Him to know that we TRUST His word: ALL that He says about Himself and about us), we must give ear TO HIS VOICE and intentionally reject the enemy´s voice. How do we do it? By making God´s voice louder and more constant in our head as we REPEAT all that He says about us and, literally, SAY NO whenever we "hear" a stranger´s voice speaking.

Below there is a small picture of ALL that God says about YOU. Declare such truths out aloud. HEAR His word coming out of your own mouth and SEE your faith increase. The world and everything in it was created by God´s word... imagine what His word will do in YOUR life as you simply give it a VOICE!

• I am a child of God (John 1:12).

• I am a friend of Jesus (John 15:15).

• I have been justified and redeemed (Romans 3:24).

• My old self was crucified with Christ, and I am no longer a slave to sin (Romans 6:6).

• There is now no condemnation for me, for I am in Christ (Romans 8:1).

• I have been accepted by Christ (Romans 15:7).

• In Christ Jesus, I have wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. (1 Corinthians 1:30).

• God leads me in the triumph and knowledge of Christ (2 Corinthians 2:14).

• I am a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17)!

• I am no longer a slave, but a child and an heir (Galatians 4:7).

• I have been set free in Christ (Galatians 5:1).

• I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places (Ephesians 1:3).

• I am chosen, holy, and blameless before God (Ephesians 1:4).

• I have been brought near to God by the blood of Christ (Ephesians 2:13).

• I have boldness and confident access to God through faith in Christ (Ephesians 3:12).

• My new self is righteous and holy (Ephesians 4:24).

• I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20)

• I am more than conqueror through him who loved me (Romans 8:37)



Resultado de imagem para listening



EVERY WEEK A NEW POST!

To receive it in your E-mail weekly, 
subscribe to Inside Out Devotionals!

Feel free to leave your comments below!  

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Being a living magnet: attracting good things...

Learning to manage time...

Taking delight in God´s will...